Friday, April 04, 2008

My Needle's Heart finis

My Needle's Heart by Little House Needleworks
32 count Silkweaver Cameo
Recommended Crescent Colours fiber

I finished up My Needle's Heart last night while watching season 3 of Battlestar Galatica (which in my opinion is the best SciFi show to come along in the last couple of decades).

I also had time to put a few stitches into Quaker Turtles but it's really leaving me cold. I think it's just the over one stitching, I really have to be in the mood for that and I'm just not feeling it right now. I also wish I would have changed out the green that was recommended. I would have much preferred something a little more, well exciting. :-) It's a pretty dark green but it doesn't really change much when doing over one.

I have to reorder a red for my Ink Circles mystery. I'm going with HDF from Vikki Clayton. I picked out colors from my swatch binder that I have but my sample piece of Garnet doesn't show the complete color range of the skeins. It goes from a red to a dark purple red which isn't right for the other silk I picked out for the piece. I'm going to order Old Maid of the Heart - that should work out ok. I'm also going to order a really pretty blue (Blueberry Soup) for my AlphaBlu piece that I want to start. I'm planning on doing mine on 32 count so I need to order a special cut from Silkweavers. It's too big for the fat quarters that I currently own. Bummer.

No major plans for the weekend - my pug meetup is tomorrow and the weather forecast is almost 60 degrees! But it's been raining for the past day so the park will be sloppy with mud. That means the pugs are getting a bath when they get home. Oh well, they are due for one in any case. Then I'll work on painting all the agility equipment I have built over the past two months. I have everything ready to go except my A-frame which is still in my brother's basement. I sure hope he brings it over on Sunday so I can paint it also. I'd just call him tonight but I don't want to be a bigger pain then I already have been. :-) I'm just happy he helped me out.

Have a great weekend! Happy stitching!

9 comments:

Valerie said...

Congratulations on the finish! That is such a cute design. You did a lovely job!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

IT is so gorgeous!! Many congratulations :)

Karoline said...

It's lovely, congratulations

Katrina said...

What a pretty finish! Congrats.

Hope you have a nice weekend. I am finding the puppies need lots more bathing than Shelby did, LOL. They are into everything.

Sharon said...

Congrats! Looks great!

Carol said...

Hi Margie - awesome finish! I am taking sign ups now for the freebie exchange - still interested??

mainely stitching said...

Congratulations!! :D

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish!!

Michelle said...

Beautiful finish! I know what you mean about the over one. I really have to be in the mood for that. And often I'm not. LOL!