I spent the majority of my weekend piecing my Quilt By Numbers quilt. I really didn't think it would take me as long as it did to get this together. In my head I was thinking one day max. But it took all of my available day on Saturday and half of Sunday. But there are over 550 blocks plus I had to lay them all out before I started to join them to the pattern right.
I got this quilt pattern from an old issue of one of the McCall's quilting magazines, maybe from 2007/2008? That's all I remember and I only saved the quilt instructions not the entire magazine. The fabric is from Cherrywood Fabrics. I purchased this to practice my machine quilting skills and that is still the plan. I'll do a continuous line orange peel in all of the triangles with a simple curving pattern for the borders. At least that is the plan for now. I have two others quilt tops that I need to also get ready to machine quilt but I need to take my machine in for a tune up first. I just don't know when I'll do that however. The closest Bernina dealer is an hour away from me and quite frankly, I don't believe I can live without my machine for very long right now. :-) In mid-May I have two agility weekends back to back so I'm thinking that would be good timing as I'm only sewing on Saturday and Sundays.
I was able to finish Garden Flowers on the way home from work on Friday evening. Part of the weekend's plan had been to finish it into a pillow but I didn't like any of the fabric in my stash for it. Can you believe I have yards and yards of fabric and nothing worked!?! So I need to go shopping. Bummer. ;-)
I finished up hooking my second little rug on Saturday night and started turning it into a pillow on Sunday. I haven't put on the binding yet. It's all done by hand and I was just too tired last night to even start it. But the finished product won't look to different from this photo. I have two more little rugs in my stash and I'll start on one of those this week in the evenings.
After I finished up piecing Quilt by Numbers I started working on my Civil War Tribute quilt's second installment. For month two we received four 15" blocks. They are all the same. I'll finish them up next Saturday. Good timing as I expect I'll receive month 3 by the weekend.
As for my new stitching start I kitted up Margaret Harris from Honeysuckle Manor by Blackbird Designs. I'm not using the silk called for but rather an assortment of cotton overdyed. I'm disappointed that BBD are starting to use Belle Soie more and more. Not only are they so not colorfast but they are now more than $7.00 a skein with the new price increase! Way too expensive for me.