Monday, November 16, 2009

That's my girl!

TWO first first place finishes for my Aoife! She was rocking over the weekend. I'm such a proud mom. She got a first place on Saturday in FAST (and by my figuring had the best FAST finish among all 78 dogs) and a first place on Sunday in Jumpers with Weaves. On her other four runs she was super fast but had a lot of consistency issues. It's mostly baby dog things and there is benefit to these things happening because now I know what to train and where our gaps are. Our next trial is December 3rd through the 6th. Both Aoife and Clancy have runs all four days. I have two and a half weeks to work on some stuff. It's kinda funny, right now it's the same sort of issues for both of them - weave pole entries and table issues. I sure hope she didn't learn these from him! :-)


I didn't have a ton of time for stitching but here is my new start - Wintertide Sampler from Shepherd's Bush. I LOVE to work on band samplers but I had forgotten how much. Kinda like I forgot how much I love to stitch Shepherd's Bush pieces. This is going to go quick I think. Last night I took some time to go through my stash and look for holiday/winter pieces. I want to make a couple of pillows for my couch like I have for fall/Halloween and make a ton of ornaments. I'll start on everything I pulled out when this is finished. I'm in the mood for winter stuff. :-) Because of all the money I'll be spending on my Thistle Threads University pieces next year I'll be pulling from my stash a lot in the coming months. But that's a good thing - I love everything in my stash that is ready to go. :-) And I'm excited to get to some of them.

I did finish Quaker Heart last Friday but never had time to take a final photo. I'll post it tomorrow for sure. :-)

12 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

Wow! Great job little dog and proud trainer!

Whenever I see a new dog, I think, "Stella must be part [new dog]." The other day at the park: Shiba Inu. Coat coloration, eyes, stance, curly tail, neck. I hope we find out today!

Kathy said...

WOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO Aoife. Way to go little girl! Congrats on the wins.

I hope Rory and I do as well this coming weekend.

Katrina said...

Love your new start!

Huge congrats to Aoife and you, she looks so proud with all her ribbons :-).

valerie said...

Congratulations to you and Aoife!! Look at those ribbons! Great new start...

Deb said...

Way to go Aoife (and you too!). A huge congratulations. She has a rather smug expression on her face, don't you think?

And those band samplers are fun! That's what makes SB's so great. Each row goes fairly quickly so you see good progress!

Margaret said...

Wow! Huge congratulations to Aoife and to you as well! That's so neat! I love your new start too. I'm definitely not in a winter mood yet, but that's ok, I'll deal with it. lol!

Alice said...

Well done! She looks so proud of herself too. I like the colours in your new start.

Wawanna said...

An outstanding accomplishment for you both, you deserve a standing ovation. Don't know who is more proud, Aoife or you! The ribbons are almost as bit as she is! Keep training and you will have many more to display

Theresa said...

Way to go!!!Aoife!!!!!!! She is adorable!!!!

Carmen said...

congrats to Aoife!!! and to you too!, She looks proud !

Daffycat said...

Wow, Margie! Big conratulations to you both. What a team!

The Pug Boys said...

Wahoo! What a win. Aoife is beaming. Pugs rock... congrats to the both of you.