Monday, November 02, 2009

a new start



I really didn't feel like stitching on Houses of Hawk Run Hollow so I went through my stash and pulled out this guy! It's As the Crow Flies from Stone & Thread. I've had a couple of charts from this designer for over a year now and this is the first I've done. I really like it and it's a nice change of pace from what I've been stitching lately. I plan on taking this and a couple of Shepherd's Bush kits along with me on vacation. Speaking of vacation, I have a ton to do at work - way more to do than I have hours and I need to cook more before I leave so Mom has lots of good, healthy food to eat while I'm gone. My Dad considers canned soup a meal but right now Mom needs much more than that. I spent most of the weekend making meals and freezing them and I'll try to cook a bit more tonight or tomorrow. And I have to find time to pack. Right now I don't know how I'll get it all done. Oh and I have agility class with the pugs tomorrow also.

Thanks for all the lovely birthday wishes! I had a great one even if I felt a bit like Cinderella with all the cooking and cleaning I had to do. :-)

9 comments:

Stephanie M. said...

Love you crow!! I am at the same point with Village of Hawk Run Hollow, so I have been working on some other UFO's. Trying not to start something new..haha...great work, Stephanie

Margaret said...

Lovely new start! Hang in there with all you have to do. Just keep thinking: Jamaica Jamaica Jamaica! :D It'll be worth it!

Kathy said...

Nice start on this one. Sorry I missed your birthday. I am glad it was a good one but I hope you get to really celebrate once you are on vacation. :) Good luck getting everything done.

Alice said...

Bless your heart. It is so good of you to make sure everyone will be taken care of. I am glad you still get to take your vacation. Love the crow, it is typically cheeky looking already.

Daffycat said...

What an awesome crow! You've gotten a lot done already...some new start!

Carmen said...

i like the crow!,

Unknown said...

Loving the crow!

I bet your mom is extremely appreciative of your doing so much for her...and your dad is probably very relieved, LOL! They are blessed to have a daughter who cares so much...

I hope you enjoy your long awaited and dreamed of vacation!!

HAPPY STITCHIN'
Terri

Siobhán said...

I love your crow, Margie! Good luck getting everything sorted before you go on vacation. Sometimes it seems like you need the vacation just to rest up after preparing to TAKE the vacation!! I hope your mother continues to improve.

Deb said...

I love this crow, Margie! What a great "relief" project. :]