Tuesday, March 31, 2009

good progress

I've come to the conclusion that I'm not a good reproduction stitcher. I can't stand to stitch in mistakes because the original was stitched that way. So I think I'm going to stitch a Beatrix Potter "inspired" by the original. I've already made a couple of changes, the one last night being major. I totally changed the bottom left motif because as charted it was way off. So I pulled out my Ackworth book and found a close motif and stitched it my way. That change of course is going to set off more changes so at this point it really is my piece. I also want to add more motifs that are small to fill in the emptier spaces or maybe put in the alphabet here and there. And of course it will be my initials and date on it.

So thanks for the inspiration Beatrix but I've got to be me! :-)

7 comments:

Patricia Lessell said...

I love it anyway you do it. Love Patti xxx

Deb said...

I think it's looking great anyway. I, too, hate mistakes in charts. I did one years ago where the border went off at a weird angle. I stitched it as charted, but it drove me nuts the entire time. Love your colors for your Quaker too!

Edgar said...

I hear you!!! I stitched some of the mistakes by changed quite a few and added the initials I wanted - great job so far!!

Carol R said...

I tend to correct mistakes too. I haven't got down as far as you on Beatrix but I will watch out for that bottom left motif - thanks for the tip! Lovely fabric and floss choice.

Carmen said...

beautiful stitching, the floss is gorgeous.

Margaret said...

I know what you're saying about stitching mistakes. I very often correct them too. :D I like what you've done so far!

Siobhán said...

I think it looks great--and it's most important that YOU like it. YGG! I like the changes.