As I was working on my Big Zipper piece on the way into the office on Monday morning, I was at the lower left hand corner moving to the right. I looked at it and told myself I should take a few minutes and make sure that the two corners are lining up. But it's hard to do that on the moving train so I decided to just move ahead because I never make that sort of counting error. Well just shoot me in the foot. As I started back on the ride home that afternoon, I did quickly check because I was over half way across the bottom and it was easy to check even in the moving train. And sure enough, I was off one row. It took me the best part of the way home to find it. I had to rip out all the bottom and most of the left hand side. Bummer. That took most of rest of the evening and I have just now finished the bottom and made a start on another section of the piece.
Next time I have a gut feeling I need to check something I will for sure. :-) Lesson learned. :-)
Thanks for all your kind comments on my chair finishes. For a while now, I have not let the finishing put me off a project if I liked it. And I really didn't think this one was so hard. The instructions were very complete and there were a ton of color photos in the booklet. My next big finishing project (after I complete all my Quaker Turtles) will be my Etui. That one should be challenging because I think there will be a bit of sewing/handwork involved and just not gluing! :-)