Monday, October 29, 2007

Autumn Song finis

Autumn Song by Blackbird Designs
28 Count Natural Linen
Recommended fibers

I finished up Autumn Song by Blackbird Designs yesterday afternoon. I had to substitute out one leaf color because I ran short of Terra Cotta. Not because the pattern was incorrect but because I started with a short skein. Bummer. I was kinda surprised I finished this because on Friday I didn't think I'd be done with it by the end of the weekend. I was glad to be able to move onto something new. I haven't done the needle cushion yet nor have I done the alphabet that is used on the rim of the box. I don't really need a pin cushion right now and I'm not sure that I like the look of the alphabet where it's placed on the box. So I'm holding off on both right now.

I had time in the evening to put a little work into Toccata II. I'm half way with this piece and I really want to get it done so I can put the stand away. It's always in my way.


On Saturday I drove out to my LNS to pick out fiber for my Celtic Band Sampler by Homespun Samplar. I converted it from the charted DMC to the variegated colors you see below. I'm going to stitch it on Silkweavers 32 count Heritage. I love how it looks and I can't wait to get started on it.




For my train ride this week I started on the Hunt Sampler by Homespun Samplar. I picked out my own colors rather than go with the charted Gentle Arts Bretheran Blue and I went with a fall theme. I'm stitching it on Silkweavers French Vanilla Swirl. Right now I can't say I'm happy with the stripy look of what I've stitched so far. And it's kinda a duh moment. I picked out a Needle Necessities floss of copper, tan and green and them I'm surprised it looks stripy? Well duh! I'm not sure if I can live with it or if I should pull it out and go with the green. It's a variegated green and darker green floss. I could use the copper, tan and green for the borders maybe. I hate not knowing what to do.





On Saturday Aoife went to her first puppy pre-school class. The teacher settled on a four week course. It was a lot of fun and Aoife and her sister Seven were the two bravest pups there. Of course. :-) She had a blast and slept in her crate all the way to the LNS and then all the way home.



On Sunday I took the whole gang to a Howloween party! LOL! They even sat for a group photo for me. Clancy is a cowboy, Molly is wearing her Halloween party dress and Aoife had on a cute t-shirt that said trick or treat. After the party the slept the afternoon away.

5 comments:

Barbara said...

I just love that picture of your cuties in costume!

And I can't believe how fast you finished the Blackbird Designs project! Smokin' needles!

Nicole said...

Autumn Song turn out beautiful! Your Toccata is also beautiful! I love that Celtic Band Sampler and I bet your conversion is going to be great! Your puppies look so cute in their costumes! :)

Kathy said...

Your dogs are so darn cute. My boston Terrier is not so keen on getting dressed up.

My LNS owner did the border of the Hunt Sampler in NN Serengeti(sp). Then tried to pick Weeks and Sampler threads for the motifs that matched what the motif was. Like a brown color for the stag, etc. You might try that.

Teejay said...

Firstly, Tocatta is incredible! I also saw a model stitched at attic needlework when I went yesterday and was going to buy the chart then, the model was fabulous to say the least, and they didn't have it :(. Secondly, autumn song is gorgeous! Thirdly, the doggies are so adorable in their costumes!

Michelle said...

Beautiful Autumn Song finish! I keep reminding myself to go to Hobby Lobby for that box. Toccata is looking gorgeous.