Monday, December 01, 2008

long time no blog

It sure has been a busy few days! I had a lovely Thanksgiving dinner with my parents on Thursday. I cooked a beef tenderloin on the grill. Nummy! :-)

Clancy and I spent the last three days at an agility trial in Northern Indiana. I'm not sure if I will do that trial again because of how long it took to drive back and forth each day. At least an hour and forty minutes down and back. That's a bit too long for us. Clancy was very erratic all three days and we didn't have any qualifying scores. I'm really struggling with finding the balance of what he needs before we run. Some dogs like to be wound up and some like to be quiet. I'm starting to think that Clancy is a quiet type of dog. He did much better when we just sat on the side of the ring with me petting him before our runs than when I hyped him up with treats and such. I'm calling it Zen Puppy. :-) We have a four day trial in Milwaukee starting on Thursday and I'll continue with the calming actions before our runs and see what happens.

I did manage to finish part four of the Loose Feathers mystery today on the way into work but I forgot my camera so I'll take a photo and add it when I can. I think this was the fastest section so far to stitch as most of it was letters and we all know how fast those can go. And that was all the stitching I managed for the entire long weekend. By the time I got home from the trial each day, I was just plain tired.

I'm very disappointed. My birthday was a month ago and I never received anything from my partner with the Stitching Bloggers Birthday Club. I had over a year to look forward to it and this has been a terrible let down. She posted on that blog the day after my birthday that something would arrive and maybe at some point something will but I'm not really holding out much hope at this point. At least my partner received her birthday gift on time last May and she seemed to like it.

7 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

I'm so sorry you didn't get anything for your birthday! That's terrible!

Peg said...

I know what you mean about disappointment when someone forgets your birthday. I had the same thing happen in the same group as you. By the way Happy Belated Birthday!

Jennifer said...

What a bummer! I hate when people sign up for stuff and don't follow through!

Daffycat said...

Oh no! I hope it got lost and it's not that she didn't send anything!

Happy birthday...late.

Sandra said...

What a shame you didn't receive your birthday gift. It does sound as though it might not have been sent in the first place, so I hope you have told the person who is organising the exchange.

Edgar said...

I have sent out an email - to see if I can find out anything - as this just bites!!!!!

Michelle said...

Oh that's dreadful. I do hope that you receive something, even if it's late. But really, people shouldn't commit to things if they can't follow through. She should have sent SOMETHING on time.