Monday, August 18, 2008

changing things around

Here is my progress on Cirque des Cercles. I'm happy with how the silk I picked out is working with Phantom. Of course it's hard to tell because I still haven't learned the art of taking photos of my work so the colors show up true. ;-) Maybe one of these days I'll figure it out. The plan was to work on this until this morning and I'm following the plan so I put Randenlap Celtic in my bag for the commute to and from work this week. The difference in the two shades is very small and as I feared it is a different weight silk. I tried using one strand and then two strands and I like the way that two strands look the best. I'll take a progress photo tomorrow because I had to pull half of what I put in so there is not much done.

It's been a good year for my veggie garden. This is just one day's harvest. I've been picking like this a couple times a week now for several weeks. :-) Nummy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm not a blues/purples person at all but I absolutely LOVE your CdC - great progress!

Virpi said...

I think the colours looks stunning already!
http://vipsu2000.vuodatus.net

mainely stitching said...

This looks fabulous, and I'm green with envy over your vegetable goodness!

Karol said...

Your cdc is looking fantastic. Colors are beautiful.

Unknown said...

I like the BoInk project i downloaded it yesterday, your progress looks great.