Friday, January 04, 2008

working away

I'm closing in to half way done with A Quaker Study by CHS. By the end of the weekend I hope to be at half way and have started working down to the third row of alphabet. While I like how it's looking, I'm not having as much fun stitching it as some other pieces that I have worked on. I wish now that I had used my own colors. That might be part of it. I've seen others finished in other color ways and I like those so much more. Greens would have worked for me so much more. Oh well, live and learn! :-)

For Christmas, my sister gave me a $50 dollar gift certificate to Needlecraft Corner. I have mentally spent that money a hundred ways so far! :-) I'm thinking of buying one of the Designing Ladies caskets. I like the one from Olde Willow Stitchery - the Sampler Needle Casket & Accessories. I love stitching things that don't just have to hang on the wall.

Thanks for all the kind words for Summer. I passed them on to her mom. :-) And thanks for the kind words for me and Clancy! It's very appreciated. I'm way behind on my blog reading and even worse, commenting. I'll get caught up soon! Have a great weekend everyone!

9 comments:

Peg said...

Your Quaker Study looks really great! I like the colors. Have fun spending your gift card. I like those caskets myself.

Terri said...

I never have any trouble changing out the fabric, but changing the fiber colors is always difficult for me. I have little faith in my "matching" abilities! LOL Thanks for sharing the casket design, I'll have to check them out!

Glenna said...

Oh, definitely buy the needle caskets!

Itching To Stitch said...

A Quaker Study looks great. I like the colors, but green would have looked really nice to ;)

Vonna said...

Those caskets are lovely :) Yay! For you :)
And I think your QS looks great...but I think it would have looked smashing in green too...but this colorway makes it look very old and antique :)

Sue said...

Quaker Study looks very pretty! I'll play Devil's advocate and say...hold off using the gift certificate until after the new "stuff" hits the street from Nashville in February. :-)

Karoline said...

Your Quaker study is looking lovely, great progress

Barbara said...

Although I love the very subdued colors of the QS, I must admit that greens would've been gorgeous too. And that OWS casket looks STUNNING!

Dianne said...

I am loving the QS in those colors...very beautiful!
~Dianne