Friday, July 06, 2007

busy weekend :-)


Coq Au Pins by Twisted Oaks Designs
32 count Silkweaver Goldspinner Linen
Needle Necessities Floss Overdyed - #1101, Clearly Blue


Here are my finished smalls from Coq au Pins. I love how they turned out. I did a few things different from the instructions. I put emery into the scissor fob so I could clean my needles while stitching. The added weight is a bonus. I also added a tassel to the scissor case. On Monday, I'll add more pictures so you can see it from all angles.

Today is my last day of vacation. :-( My how quickly it passes. The pugs and I have an agility trial in Antioch which is just north of me this weekend. It's going to be hot! 90+ both days. My pugs are not the usual pugs in that they are at their proper weight - Molly at 15 pounds and Clancy at 16.5 pounds, so they don't feel the heat like most pugs. But in any case, I will bring plenty of water for them to drink and to sit in. :-) Clancy is my water baby - I have a kiddy pool in the backyard and Clancy spends a lot of time in it splashing around. In fact, this year he has learned to hold his breath to retrieve toys that have sunk to the bottom on the pool. It's just six inches or so but he looks so funny. Now Molly is a different story. LOL! I have to put her in and splash water on her. And I get dirty looks the entire time. :-)

Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

Katrina said...

Gorgeous! What a great way to spend your vacation :-). Hope you have a nice weekend.

Karoline said...

Such a gorgeous set, congratulations

Anonymous said...

They look amazing! And the colours are stunning together. Wow! I would love to see more pictures of these!

Anonymous said...

These are so beautiful! Great job!I especially love the colors you chose. I'm "finishing phobic" so I'm really impressed with how beautifully you finished them. Enjoy! NancyinNY (Hedghogmom@aol.com)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow - what a beautiful set!! Well done and congratulations!

Sue said...

Just gorgeous. Your finishing is so beautiful. Putting emory in the fob is a wonderful idea ;)

Ranae said...

Ohh! What a wonderful set. I love the colors. Good Luck on the agility test.

Anna van Schurman said...

Beautiful finish!

The Silver Thistle said...

These are beautiful! I really, really love the colours! Your fabric choice is so fab.

Anonymous said...

This is just fantastic. I just love how the blue colour of the thread fits the yellow colour of the fabric. Georgeous.

Meari said...

Wow, it turned out nice Marge.

Michelle said...

So gorgeous!!! It's amazing. Congratulations on another wonderful finish!