Monday, December 20, 2010

a lost weekend

A week ago I really thought I would have this block completed by today but a bad case of food poisoning on Thursday pretty much ended that idea. I was on my back for a solid 24 hours with the rest of the weekend a loss. I have never been so sick in my life! Stitching was the last thing on my mind. But hopefully with a couple days working from home this week I'll and being able to find more stitching time and I'll start to make some progress. My dye lots of my overdyed floss are off compared to the chart. I not really happy with the colors (it's the alphabet I don't care for) but I also just want to move forward. So that's the plan. This piece will be so large that I'm sure it will end up fitting in nicely. Or at least that is what I'm telling myself. :-)

Have a great week!

6 comments:

Susan said...

Glad you are feeling better now.
I think once the project is complete the color will blend in. You can always unstitch the color that offens and change to one you like better. I am not a purple person of any kind and often change to a pink or soft red. Good luck on your decision.
Happy Stitching!

Alice said...

Sorry about the food poisoning. Sounds absolutely yucky. I'm glad you are better and back to stitching. I think you should press forward with this and if, at the end you still don't like the alphabet... deal with it then.

Suburban Stitcher said...

I think that it looks fine. And you're right...there are so many colors in it that by the time you are stitching the end of it, everything will all "go" anyway :)

Sherry :o) said...

So glad you are feeling better Margie! You are such a fast stitcher, I am sure you will make up for it!

Enjoy this piece, I think that you are right and the color will be fine with more stitches around it. If not- you can always take it out and redo then.

Michelle said...

So sorry about the food poisoning! Your AOTH looks fabulous!! I need to get mine back out for sure.

Iêda Klein said...

Amiga,
que em 2011 os horizontes se alarguem e os passos tenham direção certa. E, se chover felicidade, desejo uma tempestade para você.Iêda