Tuesday, January 26, 2010

patchwork hearts

I had some quilt blocks left over from a quilt I did last year and I wanted to make some Valentine's Day stuff to decorate the house with so I turned four of them into little heart pillows. I like how they look. I'm going to buy some ribbon and put bows on some. I filled all my hearts with the walnut bird litter. That stuff is so nice to work with. :-) Give it a try if you haven't already. I got mine at PetsMart in a nine pound bag and used more than half of it already.

I then made some hearts out of flannel and some wovens that I had around. I want to put these in a wooden bowl but I have to find an old wooden bread bowl first. I love the primitive look I got.
I did manage to finish the second piece to my chair - finally! And finished off one more - ok it was the smallest section but it's done. :-) And I made a start to the fourth. After that one there are still three more all larger than the one I'm currently working on. I'm sure I'll be working on this until next week some time.
I also stuffed my primitive doll last night but I didn't put her together yet so I didn't take a photo. I also need to pick up some doll hair in brown as she is still hairless and has no face yet. All I have in my stash is Santa type hair and I want her to be a brunette. I suppose since I'm finally working on my doll I need to start on this:

I have a piece of Silkweavers Purely Primitive that should work nicely and I'll be doing mine in the blue colorway. My doll's dress will be tans and blues so the blueish apron should look nice.


13 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh I just love those hearts! You're very talented! I keep meaning to pick up some of that walnut litter when I'm at the pet food store, we're there every two weeks for petesake, but I keep forgetting!
That doll is awesome, can't wait to see you stitch that one. I love what the apron says. Somewhere that is pictured just framed by itself (the apron) and I really like that idea too.

xoxo

Margaret said...

Wow! I love your hearts! They're just perfect! Can't wait to see more of the chair as well. And your doll -- I think the blue will be so pretty! Hope you get that brown hair stuff! :D The apron will be adorable!

staci said...

I am LOVIN' your hearts!!!

Deb said...

I just love those hearts and I'm going to have to remember the walnut stuffing from PetSmart. I was wondering where I could get some. Can't wait to see your doll that you've made. I've loved that apron pattern but don't think I've ever seen one finished, so am looking forward to seeing your doll and apron.

Alice said...

I can't believe your productivity! I am glad you aren't going to give your doll Santa hair.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

What darling hearts, Margie! I just love them and it makes me want to go make some. Right NOW!

I can't wait to see your chaise finish and the doll.... I'd love to have one like that but I'll settle for gazing on yours when she's done. Love the idea of a blue/tan dress and coordinating apron.

Missy Ann said...

Pretty primitives! I have a wooden dough bowl... maybe I should fill it up with hearts instead of coffee table junk.

Michelle said...

Love the hearts! And putting them in a wooden bowl sounds perfect. Can't wait to see your doll!

Theresa said...

LOVE the hearts!!!!! Cute!!!!!

Tanya said...

I really like your hearts. I can't wait to see your doll and chaise lounge.

Your HHRH is beautiful.

Giovanna said...

Beautiful work on everything - the hearts are adorable!

Shirley said...

Love the hearts and will try your advice of using bird litter. I usually use wadding.

Siobhán said...

Oh, how neat, Margie!! I forgot about that doll design of Kathy's--it's so pretty.