Here she is in all her glory. I'll be so glad when this one is over. I love working on it but I'm ready for the break. My new evening project will be the six month long Floral Glove Needlecase project. Tracey expects to mail that by the end of this month. I'm sure I will need something else to fill in but I'm sure I won't have any problem finding something to work on. I have the chart and linen for Shores of Hawk Run Hollow but I would rather that be a focus piece than an add-in so I'll hold off for now on purchasing the NPI that I need to work on the first block. I was thinking maybe Cranberry Sampler from Needle's Praise but I know I want to do that in silk and I would have to purchase them and that's not in the budget right now.
Here is the second block of the month quilt from JoAnn Fabrics - called Mystic Blues - that I wanted to finish over the long weekend. You can see I made good progress but did not complete the top (I already had all 12 pieced). I started putting together all the border sections on Saturday. There is a ton of piecing in all the borders. When I got to the second to the last section I saw that I had been given an incorrect set of fabric. I had two of one section and none of another. This kit was from 2005 and I figured it would be hopeless to try to find either the fabric or a setting kit. So I first checked eBay and I did find an entire 13 piece set up for auction and the current price was almost $70.00. I didn't pay that much for all my sections and there was no way I was going to pay that amount again just to get a half yard of material. That pretty much ended my quilting mojo for the evening. First thing Monday morning I went out to my local JoAnn's because I felt I had to at least check and see if I could find some sort of replacement for the pieces that I needed to finish the quilt. You are not going to believe it but they still had yardage of the exact fabric I needed! It was about 85% of a color match and since it's on the border I didn't think it would matter. So I puchased enough to replace all the fabric in the borders so they would all be the same. So I spent the rest of my quilting time on Monday ripping out what I had already ready pieced and putting in the new stuff. By the time I had finished with that I was pretty much done for the day so I put the quilting away. But when I take it out again all that is left is putting the borders around the piece. :-) Not sure when that will be but I'm good where I left off. This one I might give away. :-) We shall see.
Next up will be the first set of blocks for my Civil War project. I'm sure I'll have it by Saturday. I'd also like to get more done with my Thimbleberries Paintbox Stars project. I don't want to start anything else large until I finish that.