Monday, May 18, 2009

Thanks!

Thanks so much for all your very nice comments about the new me! Each and every one is truly appreciated. :-)

I was able to finish up Mrs. Pearson's dress over the weekend and this morning I got a start on the background. That is going to go fairly quickly I think. I'd love to move onto something new this week. But what? I have so many things calling me right now. Such a nice problem to have.
I didn't get as much done with House #5 as I wanted over the weekend but when do I ever? LOL! Rather than start on the windows I tackled the border on the bottom which requires more counting and hence more thinking. I should finish that part up tonight and then I'll start on the windows. I know I have a ton left to finish but how would I love to get this finished by the long weekend (next Monday is Memorial Day - day off work!). I'm thinking about taking this Friday off work also to make it an extra long weekend. I love those the best. I have a ton of lawn work to still do for the spring/summer and my Mom and I are giving my Dad a surprise 81st birthday party in two weeks. I want everything in tiptop shape before then.

6 comments:

Margaret said...

Happy birthday to your dad! Yes, three day weekends are great, and 4 day even better! Love how Mrs. Pearson is looking, and your HoHRH too. I love this block that you're working on right now, one of my favorites of the piece.

Love to Stitch said...

Great job Margie! Love Mrs. P!! You are cruisin on her! Love block 5 of Houses too. The party for your Dad sounds like a great time!!

Jan said...

Enjoy your surprise for your daddy!! Lovely progress, on your projects!!

Theresa said...

Great progress on Mrs. Pearson!!! She came together so quickly!!!! I'm sure your house will be done in no times as well~~

MyLifesAStitch said...

Love the progress pics (as usual)! Have a wonderful time planning for, then enjoying your dad's party!!

Michelle said...

I opted for taking Friday off too! So fun to have four days off. Love your Block 5, it's really coming along!