Monday, May 04, 2009

House #4 finis! A third of the way complete!

I finished up House #4 from Houses of Hawk Run Hollow on Saturday. I did change the inside window color by one shade darker. The recommended color was way to close to the window sash color and it didn't even show a difference with the two dye lots I had. I pulled the silk for house #5 and I hope to start it tonight. It would be nice if I could get a head start on June's house - the nighttime house. That's going to take forever. :-) So the plan is to finish #5 as soon as I can and make a start on #6 before June even starts.

I sure do still have a lot of linen left! :-)

Rather than working on my Loose Feather piece over the weekend I really wanted to start Mrs. Pearson. Right now she looks like something out of a Tim Burton movie! I don't have the primary blue silk - I don't know how I didn't notice that when I ordered the silks but I'll put a call into Drema first thing tomorrow. And I can work around it's absence just fine in the meantime by working up the piece.

14 comments:

Missy Ann said...

HoHRH looks great. I wish I had changed the window color on my block 4.

Good idea on the June block. I haven't decided how I'm going to find time to stitch all that black. I may make it my July travel project and work on it 4 nights a week while my son fences.

Julie said...

The Houses looks great! I agree with your color change - yours is better suited.

Tim Burto!!! That is hysterical ~ you are funny, and you're right, but only for now. It'll change. :p

Loraine said...

Your Houses is looking fantastic! I can't wait to finish shores, so I can start it.

Love the other start as well. Good job!

Love to Stitch said...

Love the color change for the windows, it makes them really stand out now for sure! Great job! Nice start on Mrs. Pearson too!!

Jan said...

The House looks terrific, major feat getting a block done on this piece!! Nice start on Mrs. Pearson too!

Margaret said...

Congratulations on your milestone with HoHRH! I can't wait to see more Mrs. Pearson. I love that one!

Michelle said...

Congrats on finishing another house! I have been in love with that Mrs. Pearson design since she came out...so glad to see you stitching her!

Deb said...

You're right about Mrs. Pearson - she does look a little scary. But I'm sure she'll look prettier soon. Congrats on your fourth HoHRH block. I like the change you did for the windows.

Carmen said...

congratulation for the finish house.

Tanya said...

HoHRH is so pretty! Great start on Mrs. Pearson.

Sharon said...

Projects are looking great! Congrats on the finish!

MyLifesAStitch said...

Loving Houses and Mrs. Pearson... thanks for the continuing inspiration!

Karoline said...

Congratulations on finishing the house. HoHRH is looking gorgeous

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congrats on finishing another house!