Friday, February 06, 2009

Friday.... at long last

I've completed the first letter. Yeah! Well almost, each letter has a bit of metallic fiber accenting each piece. I have yet to pick out a color or a brand for that matter. I have no idea what I should buy since I'm using 35 count linen. Any suggestions on metallic fiber that would work with 35 count would be appreciated.

I LOVE this Havana linen. And judgeing by the comments I received yesterday, many other people do also.


I did place my new spool order at Hand Dyed Fibers for my CdC. It will be close to what I'm using now with a pop of aqua. I'm sure it will be just right correct amount of contrast I'm looking for on my center circles.
Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Carmen said...

th havana fabric is great, about the metallic thread to 32 count of fabric,hum,the kreinik are to big, mabe a DMC 282z light gold, or some of Petite Treasure Braid from Rainbow Gallery (
PB02 - Pale Gold Petite Treasure Braid ).

Peg said...

Your piece is looking good! I was was also going to suggest the Petite Treasure for your metalic, it's not such a bear to work with like Kreinik is.

Lisa said...

Love the fabric and I can't wait to see how the new thread works up!

MyLifesAStitch said...

That fabric looks awesome! The color seems so rich... I can't wait to see more progress pics on this new start! Question (yes, I am revealing my total newby-ness, but that's ok) how do you get the creases out of your fabric when you're done stitching? Do you just iron the whole thing? It doesn't flatten your stitches? Have a great weekend! I hope your new foster baby is doing well!

Siobhán said...

Lovely progress on your WIP! Glad you got your needed silk, too, for the CdC. Hope you're having a good, stitchy weekend!

Anonymous said...

Stiching is so lovely!!
_______________________________
Cross stitch

Michelle said...

I would go with the Petite Treasure Braid from Rainbow Gallery. I would NOT recommend the DMC metallics. I have had nothing but trouble with them. I love what you picked out for your new spool order for CdC.