Monday, February 18, 2008

lazy weekend

I had a pretty lazy weekend. But I got a lot of stitching done. And I managed to stay away from my LNS who was having a Nashville release party. I have ordered way more than enough to get me though the next year. :-) Of course, since when has that ever had anything to do with buying stash? LOL!


Here is my progress on Where My Heart Blooms. As you can see, I'm in the home stretch now. I took a break from it on Saturday to work on this year's Papillion Creations Mystery. I managed to complete both part one and two which the exception of one color. I'm using Vikki Clayton silk thread for my version and I didn't have a good yellow color. I started with a gold but it was just lost in the background of natural linen. Actually the entire piece is pretty muted on my linen choice but I'm not going to do anything about it now. :-) I ordered a nice light yellow and I hope to have it by the end of the week. Then I can finish up over the weekend.

6 comments:

Edgar said...

What lovely WIP!!!

mainely stitching said...

Wow, you're flying through this! I love it! :D

Kathy said...

Making wonderful progress on both. I have printed the mystery sampler, but gone no further. Have too many things going right now.

Nicki said...

WMHB looks absolutely amazing! :) You're speeding along!

Deb said...

Love both your pieces, Margie. You chose and stitch the most beautiful things!
Hugs,
Deb

Katrina said...

Love them both! I am making progress on my BBD piece. I had to set it aside yesterday so I could get my round robin redone and ready to mail but I am hoping to get back to it this week.