Friday, November 09, 2007

At long last, progress

I'm making progress with St. Reatham, not fast progress but progress none the less. So far this round I've completed the round motif under the F and G, a couple of the tiny ones and have started on the of the three largest motifs to the left of the center. My goal for this bout of SR stitching is to finish the big motif I'm working on and then start back down on the left side of the piece. I realized this morning I still have not really completed one page of the chart. :-( I'm going to make sure that no matter what I'll complete page 1.
Isn't this piece huge?? I can't believe I even started to tackle it. :-) Sorry about the bad photo, in order to work on this piece on the train, I wrap the linen around my five inch hoop. It keeps the piece small and manageable and helps to keep in clean since I have only the back side of the piece facing me. Here is link the what it will look like finished - http://pagesperso-orange.fr/longdog/streatham.html
I did a little birthday shopping and here are a couple of the charts I ordered. It's the Imaginary Botanical series from Sam Sarah Design Studio. There are three pieces in the group, Swirls, Dots and Strips. They are really cool and I'm going to stitch them on one piece of linen. It's hard to tell here because they are stitched on different colored backgrounds but they use the same colors of fiber just in different amounts. I'm planning on ordered the fibers today and this is what I'll start next when the supplies arrive. So I'll work on SR until that happens.


Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

St. Reatham is so captivating, what a wonderful piece, your progress on it is awesome. The imaginating designs are enchanting, I love the buttons. Thanks a bunch for the Hunt Sampler chart!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I think you are doing an incredible job! I've said this before but I LOVE the fabric and color that you chose! This shall be a masterpiece!!!

mainely stitching said...

I agree with everyone else - this looks FABULOUS!

Deb said...

I just gasped when I saw your St. R's! It's really stunning. That sea creature is fabulous!
Deb

Karoline said...

St Reatham's is looking gorgeous, nice progress

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Your work on SR looks great. I followed the link to see the whole thing and it is a really stunning design. Good luck on acheive the first page finish. The SS designs look like fun.

Jinger said...

Your St. Reatham looks wonderful! You are making great progress!

Love your Hunt Sampler! Great job!