Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Grand Marquior Finis

 
Grand Marquior by Isabelle Haccourt Vautier
35 count Havana by Weeks Dye Works
HDF Imperialosity and BeWooded

Wow, I started this piece on February 5, 2009.  No idea it would take me five years to complete.  :-)  Here is the detail of the last release from 2010 which was U, W, X and Z. 


Those of you who have been reading my blog for a couple of years will perhaps remember that my family has a tradition of the four kids making each other plus the parents a gift for Christmas.  The last time around I made counted needlepoint designs that the following year my brother made a wooden box for.  Well my year came around again and it's my job to make four gifts (and one for me of course).  It's almost August and I haven't even really given any thought to it. I had thought that maybe it would be a good year to make more stained glass hangings.  I did that around 15 years ago and everyone really like them but it's super expensive and I'd rather not spend a huge amount of money this year not to mention they can be very time consuming to make with all the steps.  So I spent the evening going through my stash looking for ideas.  And found something!  I'm going to stitch everyone a BBD piece called Winter Delivery and make it into a box.  It's a small piece - only 5" x 5" when complete so it will be totally doable in the time I have left for the year.  I'll make each one on a different color linen (already prepared five) and make each box a little different.  They are small and hopefully won't put a ton of pressure on my other projects. I'm converting it into Belle Soie silks so it will be a little longer before I can start as I have to buy the fibers.  But I really like the idea and I'm hoping to won't lead to a slow down of work like my last go around did.  As I look back on the last couple of years, it was the needlepoint projects that really started to slow me down.  I really hate "HAVE TO" projects and it totally removes whatever desire I have to stitch.  :-(

This is where I left off on my costume over the weekend.  I've started to put the boning in the corset.  It takes forever and I have a really crappy pair of wire cutters.  I need to go buy another one this weekend.  But you can see how pretty it looks when the stays are in place (right side of the front is complete).  I'll have the entire costume finished this weekend.  I might be going to the Renaissance Faire with friends on the 9th (or later in the month, we haven't decided yet) so I really have to complete it just in case. 

14 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations on your stunning finish! I love the fiber colors you used for it.

Robin in Virginia

Edgar said...

What a spectacular finis!!! CONGRATS!

Sweet Sue said...

Yes, I remember your starting IsaV's Grand Marquior in 2009, have enjoyed and appreciated your updates. She's a stunner, wonderful color selections. You're much more nonchalant about the finish than I would be Margie:) Congrats!!!

Kristen said...

Congratulations on your finish - it's beautiful! :)

Love your idea for the BBD boxes. I love that pattern.

Melody said...

Congrats on your big finish! It's beautiful!!

Hazel said...

Fantastic finish. Your dress is going to be gorgeous and sounds like a great idea for presents! Xx

P.J. said...

Wowzer!! That is a GRAND finish! Very nice. The details on your corset are lovely. Have at the Renn Fest.

Lana said...

Absolutely gorgeous finish!!!

Paisley said...

Stunning finish! Congrats!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your finish. It's a beautiful piece. Would you know if this chart is still available?

Karoline said...

Congratulations on finishing your Marqoiur, it's gorgeous

Erica said...

It is perfectly lovely!
What an amazing finish!

Anna van Schurman said...

Wow. Wow! WOW! I think I remember you staying this. Great job.

Anna van Schurman said...

*starting