Thursday, August 16, 2012

vacation!

After a really hard two months I starting to stitch again on the train this week.  I haven't gotten much done yet on Swan Lake one of the Anniversaries of the Heart Patterns, because I'm fighting jet lag.  Yes you heard correctly, jet lag.  A week after we buried my brother-in-law my sister and I got on a plane for Switzerland.  Specially the Lake Geneva area.  We stayed three days in Montreux and seven in days in Geneva.  It was good to get away. 
 Château de Chillon in Montreux.
 Some of the many vineyards on the shores of Lake Geneva.
Oh, and Harry Connick Jr.  :-)  Yummy.

5 comments:

Krista said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I have not been blogging so much during the summer and only see this now.
Your pics by Lake Geneva are beautiful, and so is Mr. Connick Jr! :) He has always been one of my faves. I met him once on an airplane heading to New Orleans. He is such a sweetheart!! Your stitching is looking great too. Enjoy your day!

Anna van Schurman said...

I think that last picture needs the story told!

Cari said...

OMG....Harry Connick Jr. ....best part of the trip?? Probably not, but pretty darn close. I'm glad you and your sister took this wonderful trip and time to heal. Hugs and happy stitching....

And This Little Pig said...

It's hard to get back into stitching after a break, looks like you had a wonderful time. Oh Mr Connick Jr. you lucky ducks.

LiBBiE in Oz

Karoline said...

Sounds like a great trip