Monday, November 08, 2010

oh so close

Super close to being done with this. :-) I finally found a flow with the cream border. I followed the instructions. :-) LJP said it's much easier to do the border if you stitch in the diamonds first. Well duh, I did that on the second border and it went twice as fast as the first one. I really should read the entire packet of instructions before I get started.

I finally ordered a big honking piece of 32 count linen for the Anniversary of the Heart piece from BBD. I really hope it comes today or tomorrow so I can start on it. I really need to get back to stitching. I also bought a really nice standing OTT lamp. I had a table model and it died several months ago - I had no idea how much I missed that puppy until I tried to stitch in my favorite chair at night without it. So hopefully I'll be back with the flow in no time at all.

On Saturday I completed one of my HUGE running goals for the year. I ran and finished the Hot Chocolate 15k. For those of you not big into metrics, that is 9.3 miles. :-) And I ran it with an 11:45 pace. For me that is lightening fast. Now I think I'm going to tackle a half marathon. I've done several in the past but none in the past eight years. My bestest running buddy is doing the New Orleans marathon in mid-February and suggested I go with her and do the half. That is plenty of time to get trained for it (13 weeks) and I'm thinking about it.

Have a great week! Hopefully I'll have a finis this week to share.

2 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Oh, Margie ~
Congrats on the Hot Chocolate 15k. You have every right to be so proud of yourself. I wish I had your discipline!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Cari said...

Wow Margie...congratulations on your run!! You go girl. Seems like your legs are just as fast as your needle !! Love your stitch.... Hugs