Thursday, October 21, 2010

progress :-)

I'm making fast work of Toad in a Puddle. I went through my stash last night and really would like to get to a couple of them. :-) But I have to get though these canvas pieces first. I was going to make them all a box lid but I never ordered the wood boxes with my guy and I'm sure it's too late now to get them before the holidays. So now I need to come up with a back up plan. They all finish around 7 inches square. I guess I could frame them all but how boring is that? Sudberry House makes a wooden box that just might work but I need to get on it. And with a total cost of over $350.00! Ouch.


5 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh dear. Did you check with your guy? Maybe he could do an emergency run of boxes for you? I love how this one is coming out btw. Nice colors!

Julie M said...

I agree with Margaret, I would contact the box guy, the worst that could happen was he would say nope, can't do it!

Kristen said...

You could also try Etsy. Good luck!

Siobhán said...

Nice progress! Good luck finding the box lids. $350--ouch is right!

Cindy said...

I have some canvas pieces that I want to finish as a box, too. I really don't think that they would take too long to make, especially for someone who is experienced with woodworking. The worst part is figuring out what needs to be done, and after that it should be a piece of cake to make a batch of them. You might still have time :)