Tuesday, October 19, 2010

a new start

I started on the fifth of my six required Christmas gifts for the year. It's called Toad in a Puddle and like the others designed by Laura J. Perin. It occurred to me just this morning if some of my problem in getting myself to stitch is because of have these "HAVE TO" stitch projects hanging over my head. I stitch for my own pleasure and have never done well with any sort of project that I HAVE to complete within a deadline. It will be interesting to see what happens when I get that last one finished. I wonder if I become interested in stitching again. :-) On one hand it's good information to have. On the other hand I would have to have wasted so much time on dragging my feet because of the needlepoint designs.

Have a great week!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I have always been that way about anything. reading, stitching, what ever. If I HAVE to do I really loose interest and struggle to get it done. But if I WANT to do it then it is a totally different story. :)

Margaret said...

Love the colors! :D

Julie M said...

I have problems with have to things. School was really hard cuz I just don't like being told what I have to do and when I have to do it. I think you will be fine when when you get these out of the way.

Cari said...

These colors are so soothing..You have smokin' needles! Have fun.