Monday, November 24, 2014

One down... Blackbird's Winter Delivery finis

Blackbird's Winter Delivery
32 count Silkweaver Linen
Recommended Gentle Arts Floss

I finished up my first Winter Delivery last night.  I'm stitching five of these before Christmas.  YIKES!  Am I ever running behind.  I started stitching this one in July with a plan of doing one a month.  That would still give me plenty of time for the finishing work.  As a refresher, it's my year to make something for all my brothers, sister and parents for Christmas.  But the count of five does include one for me (I want one too!).  Now I have to do one a week.  :-)  And in true fashion to my personality, now it's a job and no longer a pleasure and I have SO MANY other things I want to be working on right now it's torcher to work on it.  I want to be finishing my stumpwork project or getting a few more lessons completed on my Drawn Thread Sampler (more on that later).  In fact I promised myself that I would work on it at least an hour every day starting last Monday.  Didn't pick it up until Thursday.  :-(  I know I can get at least three done before the week of December 22nd but now the fun has been sucked out. 
Here is number two - I'm stitching this one on a really pretty Silkweaver's green.  But of course I take crappy photos and you can't see it's a piney color.  Each one will be on a different background and since I'm just winging the personalization, each will be a little different.  I'm thinking of making the little snowflakes on each one a little different also. 

I'm going to make each one the top of a little 5" x 5" x 5" paper mache box.  I still need to order the hand made papers from Hollander's.  I want to line each one with hand made marbled paper.  I'd also like to put something in it.  Any suggestions?  I could go buy an hand blown glass ornament (thinking a bird) or candle or something like that.  I wish I had time to make something but I really am out of time. 

5 comments:

Giovanna said...

He's gorgeous, congratulations! You're very brave to stitch the same chart 5 times!!

Edgar said...

What a super finish - it's a super design!!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Oh you are brave to take on such an endeavor to complete five before Christmas--I am such a slow stitcher I would have had to have given myself much more time to complete such an untaking

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

What a beautiful finish and a good start on your 2nd. Just stitching a 2nd one would suck the joy out of it for me. I hate stitching things twice and to do it five times - I'd have put that off big time, too. You'll get it done though and when everyone opens their presents, they'll be thrilled and you'll be happy you persevered!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Anna van Schurman said...

I feel your pain. But you can do it!