Here is my progress on Frederick. Not much and not nearly what I was hoping for. I did find some time however where I felt reasonably well to sew and I got my kitchen and dining room valances finished. And I love how they look! The brick gimp really set them off like I was hoping.
I love how the two look together. Really ties the two rooms together. I have a ton of red and cream French General quilt fabric and I'm going to make some table runners. I still need to move the three pictures on the wall over a bit but I'm waiting until I have help. I don't want to fix more holes than I need to. :-)
I have fabric for the two living room windows. Right now there are just sheers on them and I'm really tired of people walking or driving by at night being able to see all the way in. It's not my favorite but it was free. My sister hit a huge sale at Hobby Lobby and scored 16 yards for $7.00 a yard. The stuff was originally $36.99. It's a floral on a mostly reddish brick background but a tad "fancier" than I like. But the price was right and I'll have more than enough to do floor to ceiling drapes. I might or might not be able to replace those windows this year and I've got to have something in the meantime. It's ok enough for right now. I still need to pick up the lining and I'm working on ideas for a matching valance. Something much more simple I think for the living room.
Thanks for stopping by!