Monday, February 13, 2012

out and down for the count

So much for the new plan! I've been sick as all get out for almost two weeks now. It started simply enough with the flu two Wednesdays ago and then progressed to a sinus infection. The flue was bad enough but the sinus infection put me on my back. Oh my I've been miserable. So not a lot of stitching or sewing has been done at my house.

Here is my progress on Frederick. Not much and not nearly what I was hoping for. I did find some time however where I felt reasonably well to sew and I got my kitchen and dining room valances finished. And I love how they look! The brick gimp really set them off like I was hoping.




I love how the two look together. Really ties the two rooms together. I have a ton of red and cream French General quilt fabric and I'm going to make some table runners. I still need to move the three pictures on the wall over a bit but I'm waiting until I have help. I don't want to fix more holes than I need to. :-)






I have fabric for the two living room windows. Right now there are just sheers on them and I'm really tired of people walking or driving by at night being able to see all the way in. It's not my favorite but it was free. My sister hit a huge sale at Hobby Lobby and scored 16 yards for $7.00 a yard. The stuff was originally $36.99. It's a floral on a mostly reddish brick background but a tad "fancier" than I like. But the price was right and I'll have more than enough to do floor to ceiling drapes. I might or might not be able to replace those windows this year and I've got to have something in the meantime. It's ok enough for right now. I still need to pick up the lining and I'm working on ideas for a matching valance. Something much more simple I think for the living room.




Thanks for stopping by!







10 comments:

Linda said...

Your windows look great. Great progress on Frederick. Makes me want to start mine.

Linda

Tommye said...

So sorry you've been sick. I know how you feel. That was me last week! Rest up and feel better soon.

I love your valances! They look fabulous. How talented your are!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

I love your valences and you are right, the black really does set them off! Feel better soon!

Katrina said...

Hope you are feeling so much better!!! Love your house pictures, the window treatments are gorgeous.

marly said...

I sure hope you continue to feel better. Frederick has such beautiful colors. Nice sewing job on the valances. I'm impressed!

Debbie said...

Hope that you're feeling better, my goodness two weeks, that's toooo long. Your window coverings look great. Happy Valentine's Day

Susan said...

Oh my, I do hope you are feeling better. You have done a wonderful job on the window treatments. I just keep staring at my bare windows trying to come up with something - your photos are very inspirational.

Debby said...

Hope you are feeling better by now. Love your curtains and Frederick ofcourse!

Greetings from Debby,
www.crossstitchstyle.blogspot.com

Sherry :o) said...

Hope you are up and about soon, feeling better...your stitching is great progress for being sick and all. Don't you just love French General!! Looks great - what talent you have.

Felicity said...

I hope you are now better from whatever bugged your system. Nice curtins. Can we have more pictures of Isabelle?