Thursday, October 13, 2011

feeling fall

While the progress is adding up on this piece I'm really thinking I want to push it aside for a fall piece. Even a couple of fall/Halloween ornaments would be cool. I haven't purchased the JCS Halloween issue yet and I'm wondering if it's worth it this year? Of course by the time it would show up I'd only have a week or so to stitch. :-) I should have thought of this a couple of weeks ago. :-)

Isabelle is doing super! I had her stitches pulled on Tuesday and the surgeon thinks she is doing great. Almost full range of motion where her ligaments and tendons were cut. He didn't think she would need to be in the splint for the full six weeks but is going to let the rehab vet make the final call. Our first evaluation is tomorrow at TOPS. The place is super expensive but they are the very best in the area. I'm hoping I can stop restricting her activity level somewhat so she can spend more time out of her crate. I'm sure that would make her happy also.


Then on Saturday and Sunday Aoife and Clancy have an agility trial. Our first since a terrible trial in early July. I had just closed on my house and was under a huge amount of stress and we truly sucked. I should have known this would be the case and just passed on the trial but there was always a chance that I would not get the house and I didn't want to spend the weekend knowing one of my favorite trials was happening and I was not there. Wish us luck - especially Aoife. After two years I'm still trying to earn her first novice standard qualifying score and if I don't see some movement there soon I'm going to pull her from agility and focus on Clancy who is doing a bit better at trials. I only have so much money these days and I have to put my money where I can get results and Clancy is closer to his MaCH that Aoife is for sure.


6 comments:

JulieF1962 said...

I am so glad to hear that Isabelle is feeling better!

Cari said...

I'm happy to hear that Isabelle is doing OK. You take care of yourself and the pup's. I say...stitch something for Halloween!! You go girl.

Marsha said...

So glad Isabelle is doing well. It was so upsetting to read about her misadventure and near death. All I can say is, she is meant to be here. Oh, and your stitching looks great too.

Daffycat said...

I'm a little behind in my blog reading...I was horrified to hear of your lab's accident. Poor girl! I hope she is doing well after her checkup!

Sandra said...

Good to hear that Izzy is doing well after her terrible accident. I was sitting here reading your blog post wondering if I dare read to the end, it was such an awful thing to have happened. I bought the JCS Halloween issue the other week, but was very disappointed in it, there is nothing in it I like at all.

Michelle said...

Glad to hear Isabelle is doing well. That is great news! Your piece is coming along beautifully, but I'm also feeling the call to work on fall things.