Tuesday, June 02, 2009

almost half way

I've been working away at The Simple Things during my commute back and forth to work. I'm almost half way I figure. I've made a few changes. The stars are charted for Kudzu, the color photo shows them in Pelican Gray and I made them Schneckley. :-) I'm also changing the color of the three blue flowers. My dye lot of Pelican Gray is very gray whereas in the photo is a bluer dye lot. I've decided that I like the bluer flowers so I'll go through my floss tonight and pick out something on the bluer side than the Pelican Gray I have. And I'm 100% positive that I will not stitch the chain stitch around the leaves and such. I don't think it adds much to the piece and I think I like mine on the simple side.

I had a couple of comments yesterday that made me laugh - I truely did not put a stitch in all weekend but I had a couple of really productive rides on the train on the way home Friday and in on Monday. :-) So some stitching happened just not while I was sitting still. :-)

12 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Well another one will soon bite the dust! Looking lovely as always!

Deb said...

I kind of wondered too how you got so much stitching done without actually stitching. Thought you might have a stitching fairy (which you could send my way). Very nice progress - it will be done in no time.

Anonymous said...

It's looking good so far. I really like your linen colour - the piece of Antique Gold SW linen I have looks nothing like that! I agree with leaving the chain stitch off, personally I think it's a little fussy.

CJ in OK ;-) said...

It's looking good so far. CJ ok;-)

Margaret said...

I'm so glad you're not doing the chain stitches around the flowers and leaves. Gives me the courage to do the same! I love this piece! Looking good!

Nicole said...

It's looking great Margie! I was thinking of leaving the chain stitch off also. Glad to know I'm not the only one! :)

Patricia Lessell said...

See I knew you had stitching fairies and if you ask me you are being very greedy keeping them all to yourself. Could you please put at least one of them in the mail and mail it to me here in the U.K. Seriously it is looking just GORGEOUS!! I have my fabric serged so all I have to do now (without the help of your fairies) is finish my exchanges and stitch another bookmark for Gwen because mine got lost in the post (that's Mail to my Yankee friends). Lots of Love Patti the displaced Yank xxx

Theresa said...

This piece is looking beautiful already!!!! I'm loving the colors~~~

missy said...

WOW!!! Your needles must be smoking!!! GREAT progress!!

Tanya said...

Very nice, I like the color changes you are making. I had not thought about making a pillow out of the design, good idea. Loved seeing your progress on the Houses.
It is such a neat design.

Annemarie said...

I don't know why it took me so long to discover your blog, but I'm SO glad I did. Your choices of projects are *fabulous* and you get things started and finished too. Wow. You're my new hero :o)

Carmen said...

lovely colors, and lovlely changes,all the proyect look great.