Wednesday, December 05, 2007

First snow and catching up

I'm really behind things - I just started on my Christmas ornaments (this is the La-D-Da, Yule Flower) but I did manage the first one yesterday. Boy do I ever hate stitching on black! This was a good project to find that out on, very quick! :-) I just today managed to catch up with the blogs I read but I didn't have a ton of time to make comments. I hate when that happens.

We woke up this morning in Gurnee to find around six inches of snow on the ground and it's still snowing! Sure is pretty but to avoid the roads I'm working from home again today. I took Aoife out for her first romp in the deep snow. I'm still not sure if she liked it or not. The other two pugs don't mind it at all. Here is Aoife and Clancy in the tunnel. As you can see the snow is still flying.
Then I had an idea, wouldn't it be cute if I could get them in the tunnel for our Christmas photo? As you can see, it didn't really work out! Aoife just wanted warm feet. Even roast turkey couldn't change her mind. :-)

Many, many thanks for the kind words you left regarding my Alpha piece. I had a couple of new commentors also. That is always nice. I'll link back to you if you have a blog.

3 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

I think you could send that bottom photo--it's SO cute--and everyone knows that pets have minds of their own! LOL

Mindi said...

Nice job on the Yule Flower. I love how stitching looks on black linen, but you're right, its not fun to actually do the stitching on it.

The pugs look cute in the snow with their Christmas outfits on!

Michelle said...

They look so cute out in the snow. I love the bottom photo. I know what you mean about blog reading too - I am so far behind!